shipping chicks anyway to track them thru post office

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Apr 2, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    is there anyway to track the box of chicks to see where they are. thru the postal service. mine shipped out yesterday 5 am. from missouri and there comeing to maine i wonder if they are in maine yet.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    If I'm right you should have received a tracking number and you can go on the USPS web site. The problem that I had (chickens were being shipped to me) was that nobaody was scanning them at each place that they were stopped at.

3. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Downside to USPS is that their tracking info is a joke. I had a box of eggs sitting on my steps and the tracking info didn't even say they'd received it yet. They only update once in the evening if they do at all so if something only takes a day or 2 to get to you the tracking info may never update. The eggs took 3 days and it still never updated before they got here.

4. howtogrowanegg

howtogrowanegg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    Vermont
    I had my chicks come from Ohio to Vermont ... our hatchery didn't provide a tracking number. They shipped on Monday and I got them Tuesday morning at 7:15am.

The downside to USPS ... for me ... was the box had been put upside down at some point (not sure whether intentionally or accidently), but it has caused us some severe loss ... losing 8 out of 22 chicks within the first 48 hours (5 within the first 24 hours).

I figured that if shipping chicks was good enough for Martha Stewart it would have been good enough for me.

This has been a rough first experience for our family.

I wish yours all the best in their travels.

Scott

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by