$$ Shipping Chicks?

gardengoats11

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Northern KY
I am ordering chicks and have the option of Express Mail or Priority Mail COD for shipping. If I go with Express Mail I can save the COD charge for the Priority Mail. It seems to me that with the Express Mail being double or more the Priority Mail that the saving of the COD fee isn't cost effective. Am I not doing the math correctly here? Does anyone have experience with both types of shipping with chicks?

They are close enough to me that either shipping will be 2 days so delay in shipping isn't a concern.

All responsed appreciated.

I always go with Express mail whenever possible, especially with small or expensive chicks, just had better luck with it in regards to the condition of the chicks. It seems that Priority usually takes two or more days, Express sometimes will take less. It would also depend if they will replace doa chicks or chicks that die within a day or two after arrival... iow it may be cheaper to pay double in shipping to have a couple extra chicks survive. If I understand you correctly, if you go Express you have to pre-pay, but they send Priority COD? You should be able to figure out the price depending on what the insurance value is. Also they do guarantee/refund Express delivery to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom