1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipping Confirmation? - Update - Rec'd kind of

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Stonerowfarm, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Stonerowfarm

Stonerowfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Cheshire, MA
    Does anyone know if My Pet Chicken sends an e-mail confirmation when they ship. They were supposed to ship yesterday, but I haven't heard anything else.

thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I would call them to verify. Never used them but i understand that some hatcheries only notify you if there is a variation on the date. Enjoy your new fuzzybutts.

3. edselpdx

edselpdx Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    They did NOT call me with shipping confirmation for me, but the peeping box arrived the day after their ship date!

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    No they don't, mine were supposed to ship yesterday too! i figure if they don't call and tell you it didn't go then it did.

Waiting impatiently by the phone fo rthe call...................

5. anniemoo

anniemoo Out Of The Brooder

Mine were supposed to ship yesterday also. On the order confirmation it said not to call until Thursday if they haven't come by then. A little worried, it is cold, rainy, blowing about 40 mph and they have to come over on a small passenger only mailboat from the mainland. Do you think they come from Meyer in Ohio as I thought I heard that they did?

6. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    columbiacritter
    I called Meyer this morning. They did all the shipping yesterday but it all went out late. Dawn said it most likely would not show up today. Maybe Wends or THurs [​IMG] I hate this waiting. Hey...so were you going to tell us about the birds and the bees? [​IMG]

7. 10chicks

10chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I got peeps from MPC last year and I don't remember a phone call but I waited patiently for FOUR days! Needless to say I had a sebright that was dead and another peep that died shortly after. Be ready and let the post office know your home and cell number so they can call as soon as they hear a peeping box!

8. anniemoo

anniemoo Out Of The Brooder

Our mail just came, no chickens today.

9. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Guess I can turn off the heat in the temp brooder and turn down the heat in my office. [​IMG] [​IMG] Seems so sad to look over at the empty brooder with it's little dishes of food and water just waiting.

Oh and I don't get my bees today either. the queen failed so my firend has to start all over making me an extra hive.

No birds, no bees and my honey is out of town so no nothin'.......................I need chocoloate.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  10. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    [​IMG]:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau
    Man, you have got it bad.
    Chin up little camper. Hopefully they will be here in the morning.
    Gives me time to get a red light. Thought I already had one but set up the brooder last night and found out I didn't. I want to get a better feeder too. The one I have keeps tipping over.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by