Shipping crate coops... post yours please?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ms. Cluckingly, May 12, 2010.

1. Ms. Cluckingly

Ms. Cluckingly Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So our main coop is done and the girls are living there now, BUT I just procured two wood shipping crates and LOTS of free nice looking pallets and I'm inspired to create an addition to our coop so the girls have more room. I know there are tons of shipping crate and pallet coops here, but sifting through all the threads to find them is getting tiresome. Can you all post your shipping crate coops and pallet coops here, so they are in one place? I need inspiration!! [​IMG]

2. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] Can't wait to see these.....

3. Violinist4lyfe

Violinist4lyfe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    I can't wait to see them too, I have a yard full of pallets, 7 week old chickens still in the house and a creativity block on how to get a coop built. [​IMG]

4. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Here are some of the crates I will use to build tractors. I have one made already but am having technical issues w/ my camera...hope to get it tommorrow to the thread.

[​IMG]

I found a company that gave these away, and the beautiful part was they were on my commute to work! I am going to pick up 2 more tommorrow ( I think I have 12 now!!)

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Ms. Cluckingly

Aug 13, 2009
    Colorado Springs, CO
    WOW! I'd really like to see how you convert these!! [​IMG]

6. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    Here is my beautiful coop that my DH made last weekend. It is made out of a shipping crate for an 18-wheeler hood!!! (DH is a diesel tech.) [​IMG] The extra wood came from a deconstructed pallet! All we had to buy was hardware and chicken wire. Total of about $30 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hueghy

hueghy Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2010
    I built mine out of pallets... Does that count? I did spend a little money cus I found cedar siding on craigslist but it really dressed up the pallet coop a lot!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It does feel really good to take a pile of ugly pallets and make a nice looking coop though. Good job on yours...A little to cold for an open coop like that here.

8. hueghy

hueghy Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2010
    The two compost bins in the garden behind the coop are made from pallets too!

9. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    Yeah we live in south alabama and it is already 90 degrees here so the open coop is almost necessary here for good ventilation!

10. Ms. Cluckingly

Aug 13, 2009
    Colorado Springs, CO
    These are great inspiration! Let's keep em coming please?![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by