Shipping Crate for Chicken Coop - Akron, Oh

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MyFrancesca, Mar 8, 2013.

1. MyFrancesca

MyFrancesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm sorry if this isn't in the correct forum. I'm unable to post this to the buy, sell, trade forum and I wanted to get this out there for anyone who may be looking for a coop! I just bought a large shipping crate from a local machine shop in Akron, Ohio that is encolosed on all sides except one...which has only about one inch gaps down the side. It's a perfect idea and pre-built box if someone is interested. The guy only wants $25 for it and has one left. If you're within 5-10 minutes of his shop he will bring it to you. Otherwise, you'll need to pick it up. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the information.

2. MyFrancesca

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    This is not the actual crate but this is very similar. It's probably 7-8 feet long and 4 feet high.

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I got 3 of those from my area. they were a bit thin and 1/3 longer but they work great. I put them on the outside of my coop by the doors and they make great accesses to my covered areas, since we get snow
    .[​IMG]

. here is my coop, imagine those boxes out front

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. MyFrancesca

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Forget the coop...I'm a tad jealous of your 1. scenic view and 2. land! :) But that coop is spectacular!

5. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    thanks we like to think of it as AZ but pine trees instead of cactus. we love az though. any place dry
    .[​IMG]
    this is our place the other place in the coop pic is a summer place for some nice people from the coast who only come out a few weeks a year.
    [​IMG]
    summer

[​IMG]
    winter/ and no seasons in between

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by