Shipping crates turned into a chicken city!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NoseyChickens, Oct 31, 2010.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Boy!! u've come a LONG way. I saw when u first got ur crates. No one would ever believe u could accomplish what u have.Very professional looking and secure coops. Are ur fences electric? They seem to be the larger openings. I don't know what ur predator situation is. At any rate they look lovely and kudos to u. [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    We are relly lucky out here to have very few predators. Coyotes would be our biggest fear wild animal wise, but they don't ever come near the houses. the fence is not electric because we really don't feel we need it. But we are still considering it. Stray dogs would probably be the worst problem out here. I have a friends that lost their hens to the neighbors dog. We don't have coons, or foxes out here.

Thank you so much for your compliments. It has come a long way out there. I am really happy with how it is coming along.

4. LALASD4

LALASD4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Very nice. It could get very hot and then very cold up there by Edwards Air Force Base but you have a lot of space.[​IMG]

5. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    I would love to make a find like that!

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Well done! [​IMG]

7. Blissinged

Blissinged New Egg

Oct 28, 2010
    Wow...great job with...everything! [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Camp Cluck is WAAAY cool! NICE job!

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Neat little houses! Did you get those white ameraucanas from Bridgett Riddle??? I have shipped her boxes and boxes of eggs. [​IMG]

10. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    pips&peeps :

Neat little houses! Did you get those white ameraucanas from Bridgett Riddle??? I have shipped her boxes and boxes of eggs. [​IMG]

Holy cow!!! Yes. I wanted your eggs so bad when they were on here. That is just crazy!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by