Shipping day old/juvenile quail

Whitehouse Quail

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Michigan
Hi, could I have all the details you can think of about shipping day old, juvenile and adult birds? Thanks!

Small request, I know.
big_smile.png

Button quail I do not recommend. I am not a fan of shipping day old quail either just because of the sudden chick death syndrome..

Juveniles are what I ship.

I ship them in chick boxes or horizon boxes and add a little fruit with them.

I wouldn't recommend shipping day-old quail if you can possibly avoid it, unless you have some grow gel or something similar for them to eat along the way. Do a search on here, there are many posts by people who ordered day-old quail only to loose half if not more of them upon arrival and within the first few days.

Started birds would be safer, though it does cost a bit more to ship them. But if you're comfortable with your customer having 50% losses on day-olds, then go right ahead and do it
smile.png

Quote:
I've been shipping 4 to 6 week old hens out and they have done great
smile.png
I pack a double diluted 16 oz. cup of gro-gel and one of wet feed crumbles with them. It adds weight, but keeps them hydrated & busy.

Quote:
For day olds, what if...

There was Gro-Gel in the box, with a heat pack if it's too cold? Shipped Express? Would it work do you think? i've talked to some other people who have great success with this.

Thanks!

If you are able to ship a large amount of quail it's better for the quail since they can snuggle if they are cold. If you include heat packs and groggle than I don't see why you cannot try.

That's how I received them and how I ship them
smile.png
I also ship my adult button quail in chick boxes.

I don't ship day olds though because of the sudden chick deaths that can result. I wait to juvenile. But that's my own rule.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom