Shipping Eggs into Canada

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Robert Blosl, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Robert Blosl

Robert Blosl Rest in Peace -2013

Mar 1, 2010
    Silverhill, Alabama
    I just got a phone call from a breeder who has a strain of birds that a fellow in Canada wants. What do we have to do to ship eggs into Canada? Any one done it befor? Thank you . Robert Blosl Secetary Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of Americia.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    It is illegal to ship eggs from the US into Canada and vise versa without vet certifications and other paperwork. I understand it is very expensive

quote: MISSPRISSY​

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Poultry hatching eggs imported from Canada must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate issued by a Canadian government veterinarian. However, no quarantine is required for hatching eggs of Canadian origin.

Those hatching eggs imported through a U.S.-
    Canadian land border port do not require a USDA import permit, whereas eggs entering the United States from Canada via air do require a USDA import permit.

Notice that if you carry eggs over the border in you possession you DO NOT need the permit.

Only if they come into the US in some other method of transport. Such as mail.

Or am I reading this wrong? Also the US to canada may be different, right?

5. Robert Blosl

Robert Blosl Rest in Peace -2013

Mar 1, 2010
    Silverhill, Alabama
    How do I send eggs to a fellow in Canada.? Do I have to have my flock inspected by a State or Federal Vet? bob

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Well, if this is accurate ..... sounds like you could legally get them across the border by driving them across. But, about shipping them, I can't find the information .....

7. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    This guy http://req-ship.com/ has an office in the US and an office in Canada. He can receive them in the US and hand carry across the border and reship... that's what he does all day long. I had imported some crayfish from Canada and he helped me coordinate it and verified what forms I needed. Nice guy to deal with and can probably help.

8. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    What about the other way? Can eggs be hand carried from Canada to the U.S. ?

9. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by