Shipping eggs on Ebay

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sonjab314, Jan 9, 2011.

1. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I asked a seller on Ebay if he would include a heat pack in the eggs as it is very cold here. Check out his arrogant reply:

"It is not at all a good idea so any breeder who knows their stuff will tell you NO. Eggs I have shipped have never frozen even ones shipped to the North Pole, check my feedback. Eggs should be stored ideally at anywhere from 45 to 65 degrees prior to setting anyway. You must be new to this or you would know you never want to heat eggs before setting them :). Let me know if you have anymore questions and thanks for asking. My email is......"

If he had answered nicely, I would have considered buying them. After his remark....NO way in, well, you know.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wow what an idiot. I would write him back and tell him to thank himself for losing a sale JERK WAD!

3. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    Poor form......

I'd boycott that seller just for his bad grammar!!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

What a [bad word] he is! AND an ignorant one, at that!

5. debilorrah

Quote:Being who I am, I totally would have written back to him arguing that 45 degrees thing.

6. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Shall I PM you his email address? lol

7. Quote:Hi! First off, I agree with the seller. That was a nice response, to me. A heat pack in an egg box is a bad idea.
    He could have been really rude and called you #*^*&!~, but he didn't. I thought his response was polite.
    For future reference, how would this be worded "It is not at all a good idea so any breeder who knows their stuff will tell you NO.", so it doesn't hurt your feelings / is more genteel to you?

[​IMG]
    Lisa

why? she doesn't know etiquette for buying or selling eggs.​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I think I'd rather buy on here than on Ebay cause I got a very rude email today just because I asked a question about his breeders very nice convo we had......... He ended up losing [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

I found the response from the seller belittling at best. Not very nice tone at all.

10. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri

why? she doesn't know etiquette for buying or selling eggs.

Again, that is your opinion. I do know etiquette for buying and selling eggs as I have done both. I also have sense enough to know that while the eggs do not need to be a balmy 75 degrees, they need some protection from the postal services ill treatment of eggs while it is sub zero wind chill.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by