1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipping Eggs to Oklahoma. Not npip. Ok? Or not?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jaudon77, Jan 14, 2014.

1. jaudon77

jaudon77 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2013
    South Coffeyville, Ok
    Not a life and death emergency but I want to buy shipped hatching eggs. The auction ends in an hour. They are from someone in California who is NOT npip.

I live in Oklahoma. Has anyone bought hatching eggs and had them shipped to Oklahoma before? Do they have to be from an npip? I don't want to spend a nice chunk of change and never get any eggs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    I highlighted the law pertaining to shipped eggs. This is the link I found it: http://www.guineafowl.com/GeneralStore/regulations.htm

Oklahoma
    35:15-19-4
    (a) Domesticated fowl including chickens, turkeys, game chickens, game birds, or waterfowl over four (4)
    months of age and intended for breeding, meat, or egg production purposes shall not be imported into the state
    unless they:
    (1) Have originated from a National Plan source which is U.S. pullorum-typhoid clean or equivalent,
    or
    (2) Have passed a negative agglutination test for reportable salmonella groups. Turkeys, in
    addition, shall have passed an M. Gallisepticum test.
    (b) All poultry under four (4) months of age, including baby chicks, started chicks, turkey poults, started
    poults, other newly hatched domestic poultry, game chickens, game birds, and waterfowl, except those
    intended for immediate slaughter, and hatching eggs shipped, brought into, or offered for sale in Oklahoma,
    shall have originated from a hatchery or premise operating under the supervision of the poultry disease control
    authority of the state of origin, and their disease classification shall be negative or clean.
    Each container of
    products shall bear an official label showing the name and address of the shipper, the authority under which
    the testing for disease was done, and the disease control and eradication class and/or classes of the product.
    The use of this label shall be approved by the official state agency or livestock disease control official of the
    state of origin. In addition, an official form shall be properly executed showing the name and address of both
    the consignee and the consignor and the disease control authority for which the testing was done and
    classification of the product.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by