Shipping Eggs: where to buy packaging?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hillfloweranch, Jan 13, 2013.

1. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    I need to find out where I can purchase shipping materials for eggs. Such as foam for all sizes of eggs be it chicken, goose, duck or turkey. hopefullly someone will have links to places for safe shipping materials, it seems I have been inDUCKted into all things poultry!! LOL ah well who doesn't love a hobby turned crazy obsessive addiction!!
    Thanks all for any info...

-Heather

2. wdeajr3

wdeajr3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2012
    Harahan,LA
    My Coop
    How are doing? Ebay has egg shipping foam, foam peanuts from any shipping outlet or ebay. I get foam from my work from our deliveries supplies from grainger. they pack with foam and bubble wrap. I guess you can get from any pet supply store that has meds or vaccinnes ship to them also.Tractor supply co has been saving Styrofoam for me also. I hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    Thank you. it does I'm just trying to prepare in case I need to ship eggs.

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Bubblewrap can usually be purchased at Walmart, as well as shipping boxes, or if you think flat rate would be cheaper - usually with eggs it's not but it depends upon where you send them to, what kind of eggs and how many - but you can get flat rate boxes free at the post office or through the USPS website.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by