1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipping Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Zgm12, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Zgm12

Zgm12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was wondering how risky it is to buy hatching eggs from Florida and ship them to Pennsylvania. Also I'm planning on purchasing from Magnolia Silkies. Has anyone ever purchased from them before?

2. loraangel

loraangel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    Hi! I bought shipped eggs from her a couple weeks ago and they got to me "I'm from south Dakota " in four days. When I got them I let them sit on the counter for 8 hours and then put them in incubator but didn't turn them for the first 2 days and they are doing good 7 out of twelve developed I ordered 24 more I definitely recommend her she is easy to talk to and her birds are gorgeous :)

3. TheHoranFarm

TheHoranFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2014
    Rhode Island
    My eggs came from about the same distance, 11/12 hatched. As long as the seller is smart enough to use plenty of padding, they should be fine.

4. loraangel

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    I ordered from her a couple weeks ago they got to me in four days I'm from south Dakota I let them come to room temperature and then put them in incubator but didn't turn them for two days 7 out of 12 eggs are doing good. No eggs got broke she packaged them very good.I Def recommend buying from her she is easy to talk to and her birds are gorgeous :)

5. loraangel

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    Oops thought the first one didn't post but it did sorry for posting two

6. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll go for them. Good luck with your babies!

7. loraangel

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    Thanks! You also I love silkies

8. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just ordered some blue and splash Magnolia Silkies. Fingers crossed everything goes well. Did your silkies hatch yet?

9. loraangel

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    I have had problems with my LG incubator it keeps going up in temp randomly and it ruined my eggs one servived it and is doing good still. Will be 21 days next Saturday so hopefully this one still hatches.The 2 dozen I ordered from her got here on Wednesday and I candled some and they already were developing and it's only day 3 I hope most of these last I really want a nice little flock of silkies! :)

10. loraangel

Apr 10, 2016
    South Dakota
    Oh and splash is my favorite color I hope I get a few of those too and good luck with hatching hope all goes well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by