Shipping Eggs?

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
How should I package the eggs for shipping?

Thanks!!
big_smile.png

There are some older threads that cover this. I ship eggs all of the time, and I learnt how to by googling it and reading on BYC Do you know how to use search?

Well what I do is, for normal coturnix eggs I lay a piece of toilet paper on top of a small plastic quail egg carton, then wrap that up inn tape and bubble wrap. Then after that I put that into a box (a big box) of foam that I cut to size, pile wood shavings and tinfoil into it, and tape securely up! Then I print the postage from Stamps.com, and bring to the post office or hand it to the mail carrier.

A couple quick tips that I learned the hard way... Make sure the eggs are secure so that they don't jostle around and scramble the embryos... Also, always get delivery confirmation AND a SCAN form. If you don't use a scan form, you might as well not use delivery confirmation. (if your postal worker doesn't know what it is, just have em scan it. The computer will do the rest.)

Some other methods I have used.... Shipping in chukar egg flats, for large numbers, encased in foam from a craft store, or use those foam shippers that you can find from ebay and other online shops... They really do get the eggs there without brreaking even a single one!

No, you will be fiddling with it way to much to have a decent hatch, and you will have staggered hatches, you can't put different ages into your brooder because they will kill eachother.

Back
Top Bottom