Shipping Fertile Eggs ?s

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by digginchicks, Mar 22, 2009.

1. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Can anyone ppost some pics and details about how they ship their hatching eggs? And maybe where they get their boxes and such?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I think dipsy doodle < goodness now i cant remmber the name for shure> anyways I think they have pictures on there byc page on how they shipp eggs .. Good luck as far as I can tell it involves lots of bubble wrap and packing filler .

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    There's a whole thread on shipping 40 eggs in a flat rate box on the managing your flock topic.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You can get the boxes from the post office. I wouldn't recommend using the flat rate unless you are shipping a large amount. The post office doesn't have a very large selection, but if you go online to the usps website, you can order all sorts of boxes for free.

DipseyDoodleDoo has a link under her name on her BYC page of how she does it. Just remember, lots and lots of bubble wrap! [​IMG]

5. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Priority Mail boxes are free at the PO. You do not have to use the flat rate if you don't want to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by