1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipping from us America to Ireland!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenmadnessainmind, Oct 14, 2011.

1. chickenmadnessainmind

chickenmadnessainmind Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Just wondered had anyone ever done this! i would love some silkies from some of you guys! I have heard one story of a man sending eggs from Ireland to germany!
    If it was possible i would be delighted to hear your stories and maybe get some nice silkies! [​IMG]

2. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think we are allowed to ship eggs to other countries, someone correct me if I am wrong

3. chickenmadnessainmind

Feb 19, 2011
    Thats what i expected maybe the story wasn't true?! Is there a law against live birds also?.
    Thanks for your reply ..

4. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    there is A LOT of red tape. You have to get all your birds tested and then get paperwork and then the permitts and then eggs have to go through customs and that can take weeks so even when you do get the eggs you'd be lucky if maybe 10% would still be viable. Not really worth it. I am not sure about live birds but they do get from country to country some how. I have never done it myself so I dont know the exact procedure, but I think I got some of it down. [​IMG]

5. chickenmadnessainmind

Feb 19, 2011
    If ever i get the chance to go over i will have my suitcase packed for the trip home roo's pooping their heads out every now and then looking at the security guy's!
    Bet the cost's would be ridiculous but i actually think that it would be worth it as there is nothing exceptionally great here! It is hard just to get a bearded pair never mind colour etc etc!.
    Shipping from uk to Ireland is also very risky! i order 12 buff brahma eggs none hatched, 12 buff orpington eggs none hatched, silkie eggs none hatched! The aircell's in the eggs are to broken by the time they get to me that they are scrambled! [​IMG]

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

cant ship eggs out of the US or into the US. i have friends in NZ that was ganna send me eggs we dnt have here. but its not allowed to ship eggs from US to other countrys. and thers no saying theyed even make it if we could. and big reasons we cant is becase there worryed about spread of desiesed and other things.

8. chickenmadnessainmind

Feb 19, 2011
    Ok i have changed my mind totally once again! Dont know how to change the topic [​IMG] But it's mostly on the same bases! Do you think i should order eggs from ebay! I have never had an egg hatch when i previously bought eggs! but i thought if i bought say 24-30 eggs should i have a chicky at all?! [​IMG] it would cost me maybe 50-60 euro which is about 70-82/3 USD! But do you think it would be a waste of money?! I really want true breed and there is nothing great here! Up for replies thanks.. [​IMG]

9. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If you truly want them and can afford it then I say know, but I would check the feedback on the seller to see if they are on the up and up.

10. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I suggest that you contact whatever acts as the Irish Department of Agriculture and they will give you the real answer about importing chickens or eggs.

None of the answers here are anything but a guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by