Shipping Hatching Eggs

countryboy1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 26, 2009
Waterloo Illinois
Alright I want to ship some eggs but I don't know if there is any requirements. Can I just write fragile on it and the adress and stamp it. I have no clue what to do.

I do not write anything but Fragile on the box, every time I write eggs on it the PO plays football with the box, the packing of the eggs is as important as the box and what is wrote on it. I use the 12x12x8 priority box

If you go to the post office ask for a roll of priority mail packing tape its free also ask for a prority mail shipping box-there's flat rate and regular-they are free too-if you are shipping eggs theres a sticky "I think" that describes how to do a good job with using bubble wrap and all. Its takes time but it is totally worth the smile on your buyers face when they get all their eggs that they bought and paid for in one whole piece:)

Weigh the box with the eggs. Shipping is by weight and distance. When you have that info you can ask the postmaster what it will cost to ship Priority at that weight to your destination. Pack them well. USPS is NOT careful with eggs 50% of the time. ( I may be giving them too much credit.)

if you do the pine shavings it going to cost you, shavings are heavy, I use bubble wrap,packing peanuts and plastic shopping bags, my last 2 ships cost 4.95, its the lowest cost you can get

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom