1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

shipping Ideal

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by new chicken mommy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. new chicken mommy

new chicken mommy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    Has anyone in new england recieved the chicks from ideal in one day? I ordered yesterday they said they were shipped today. I was just wondering so i could call the post office and tell them maybe tommorow.

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Holy crow! That's quick turn around! I ordered a week or two ago and they were supposed to ship today as well.

It normally takes me two days to get them and I'm in N. Carolina. I HOPE they arrive tomorrow, but it's gotten cooler so I'm not as worried. Still want them like yesterday, though! ;-)

What did you get? I'm anxious, haven't ordered chicks in so long, normally just hatch my own out!

3. new chicken mommy

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    Hi I ordered 10 assorted frizzle cochin bantams. I cant wait.

4. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Very cool! :) Cochins are great!

(Side note, I'm originally from Vermont. :) Just took a lovely vacation up there. I want to move back so bad. Except for the economy and taxes and lack of jobs. heh)

5. new chicken mommy

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    Ya everything seems to be high around here. There is a serious lack of jobs around here. But im in the boonies so everything thing is far away from me. But thats ok thats the way i like it. What did you get for chicks?

6. kaya's farm

kaya's farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    its so true those of us who stay here dont mind being dirt poor farmers but that cant work for everyone:) Mine have always taken two days!

7. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I have bantam blue laced red wyandottes coming. :)

hehe I miss it terribly, but my job pays the same no matter where I live in the U.S so I definitely couldn't afford it there, even with a steady job.

I'm from the Rutland area.

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Mine were shipped on a Wednesday and I got them Thursday morning. And I live in North Central MA.
    So yes, they can arrive in just one day:D

Enjoy your little fuzz butts:cool:

edited to add
    My dh is from VT White River Junction and I lived in coastal NC for just over 2 years about 15 years ago now. He doesnt ever want to move that far South:/ and I miss NC terribly.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  9. new chicken mommy

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    oh I hope they come tommorow , I cant stand the wait it drives me crazy.

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I'm in southeastern Mass and I've had one order arrive in one day, but it usually takes two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by