shipping out or in chickens and ducks

Angeljim95

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
Denver
So I have always wondered how to do the whole shipping process. Do I just show up at my post office and tell them I want to ship out some chickens or ducks or do I have to go elsewhere-example UPS, FEDEX? Or when I buy something from here how do I pay the person? Also how do I put the birds in the box? waterer and feeder? or just like that? Sorry I'm new and I would like to buy/sell/trade birdies! :p

Thanks in advance guys!!
idunno.gif

I'm not entirely sure this is in the correct section. But I'll still help!

When I shipped a trio of my birds, I ordered the special box that you're required to ship live birds in. I put them in before I went to the PO. I put some cut up oranges in there so they could get a little sustenance, but food and water would just get messy. Then I took them to the PO and gave the people there the address I was shipping them to and then payed them. It was actually a lot simpler than I expected.

Ahh! Thank you so much! This was really helpful, so I must get a box special for live animals and then go to the post office, where can I find these boxes? and yes I know, I wasn't sure where to post it and I had it on byc forum feedback and announcements but it got moved here somehow but thanks
smile.png

If you are shipping across state lines, you also have to tape health papers to the outside of the box. It may just be your NPIP number, but it varies by state. Your state veterinarian or the USDA veterinarian can tell you what the requirements are.

Back
Top Bottom