Shipping Peafowl Eggs?????

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Chevis, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    I really would like to have peafowl, but I want to hatch my own.[​IMG] I was wondering if anyone had ever bought peafowl eggs through the mail, and if so did they hatch?? I recieved chicken eggs throught the mail and had great luck with them, but i dont know anything about peafowl.[​IMG] Im just now starting to learn, so it wouldn't be untill next Spring when I get some.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    With any shipped eggs you have a 50/50 chance for a good hatch, Peafowl eggs are a little harder to hatch then chicken eggs. Turkey and Peafowl eggs are pretty close when hatching you treat them the same, But what I would do is find a breeder close to you and pick the eggs up chances for a better hatch that away.

Don't get me wrong some people hatch a lot of shipped eggs, Myself I don't have very good luck at it.

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I got a set from deerman, and I've never seen eggs packed more ingenious!

Give him a shout- he's marvelous with knowledge about colors and choices. He also ships peachicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by