Shipping Peafowl internationally

Hugh Bahn

Hatching
Feb 16, 2016
Hello... does anyone know where I can purchase peafowls and have them shipped to outside of the US?

thanks in advance!

Hi thanks for the quick reply!!!

I live in Houston TX; But, I will move back to Vietnam in a year or so and I want to be a Peafowl breeder there.

I am trying to calculate all the costs involved to make sure my budget is adequate.

thanks again.

Hi thanks for the quick reply!!!

I live in Houston TX; But, I will move back to Vietnam in a year or so and I want to be a Peafowl breeder there.

I am trying to calculate all the costs involved to make sure my budget is adequate.

thanks again.
Please list up what type of peafowl you would looking for.
One concern I have to mention here. You are going back to a country where green peafowl are originated and living in the wild.
Every color mutation or spalding peafowl which you will keep there and will somehow release to the wild can and will mix up with the wild birds. This will and can destroy wild population of the angered wild green peafowl. This is a reason why I looking very critical to this issue.
Please consider this and think about it. Keep the amazing greens which you have in your country and forget the rest because it will happen soon or later that some of color mutation will be released to the wild maybe not by you but by any other which got birds from you.
It should be an issue to criticize you, it should be an input which most people are forgetting when they are doing such things.
Many regards
Reinhold

Hello Reinhold,

Thank you very much for your consideration and advice!

After so many years of war, I don't think Vietnam has wild peacock anymore. I live in South of Vietnam where live peacock is something that people have never seen in there entire life. I grew up there so I know. As far as North of Vietnam, there might be some birds left in the mountain, and if there is, it is a very very small number in the wild.

As I mentioned before, I am gathering the costs involved to start a breeder program. I have some land already. I just need to know the cost to ship live peacock from the US.

thanks again for your advice and reply!

Hugh.

Green peacock from Cat Tien ( National Park ) :

Is it a tiger ? ( picture from Vietnam ).

This guy from Vietnam was on this forum some years ago :

Here a video from Vietnam :

0.jpg

In Vietnam they have blue ... white an pied peacock.

As I mentioned to you, there might be some birds left in the North of Vietnam. However, there is none in the South. That's where I live.

The captive birds you see on the video are imported birds. Go to VN and visit these places find out yourself.

Anyhow, I am looking for birds to start my breeding program. If you don't like it, please, don't criticize me.

As I mentioned to you, there might be some birds left in the North of Vietnam. However, there is none in the South. That's where I live.

The captive birds you see on the video are imported birds. Go to VN and visit these places find out yourself.

Anyhow, I am looking for birds to start my breeding program. If you don't like it, please, don't criticize me.

I do not think the others are trying to criticize you, they are just hoping to make you aware how important they feel it is to keep wild green populations pure. Most members who need Peafowl shipped internationally contact Rocking B-A-B Ranch in Florida. Good luck with your project.

Back
Top Bottom