1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Shipping polish chicks?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PrestonSloan08, Jul 29, 2011.

1. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    I am wanting some polish chicks if anyone has them? Just PM me!!

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I don't ship, but am in west TN. Which corner of Alabama are you in? I will have polish chicks in September.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Oh man I wish I could get some!!! And haha I'm not in a corner of Alabama, Corner is actualy our little town we are in!! Haha

4. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Well, I can ship you eggs if you have a broody or incubator.:)

5. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Well I just got some silkies for this!! But I don't really know how the broody thing works!! And the whole incubator deal hasnt been working to well for me lately!!

6. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    The silkies start laying. Then they refuse to get off the nest except to eat or drink. That's when you swap eggs. The key thing in incubation is your humidity. Do you have a monitor? You can get them at WalMart. You don't add much water until lockdown, then you want that humidity high. You just need to practice to get the hang of it, way fun![​IMG]

7. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Well I have had some successful hatches!! But it has nrver been with chickens!! Haha it is always with my quail and pheasants!! Haha the power is always going out here!! That is why I got a broody!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by