shipping "QUAIL" hatching eggs??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KYBOY, Feb 23, 2009.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    I know most of the standard methods of shipping chicken and larger sized eggs but what method do you recommend for shipping quail eggs? The one way I have seen was like this...
    Eggs placed inside a quail carton with a cotton ball above and below the egg..Then carton wrapped in bubble wrap.. Then packaged accordingly in shipping box..I got an order like this once and I think about 3 out of 45 were broke which left me with 42..Of those 42, 34 hatched which is pretty good for shipped eggs but they were in state as well...What way would you suggest?

2. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
  3. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    the same, just on a smaller scale [​IMG]

4. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Quote:I knew somebody was gonna say it [​IMG] I just dont relish the idea of individually wrapping 40+ quail eggs in bubble wrap [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  5. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    wrap them up like sixlets...
    just a bit of padding between them...
    [​IMG]
    thats the easiest way i think

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  6. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    You knw thats not a bad idea...Maybe lay out a sheet of bubble wrap then lay down a line of quail eggs with a little room between each one ..Wrap them up and then tie off the section between each egg..Kinda like sausage casings only bubble wrap instead of pig gut [​IMG]

7. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    yup

8. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I have had good luck with foam, or plastic carton with the big bubblepacks. It was the packing around it that has been a problem; do not use a ton of shredded newspaper!! Keep it light!

9. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    I received 20 button quail eggs from Susan over at Quail Heaven in MI. She puts them in little "quail egg cartons" and then each one was sitting on sawdust, and then packed with cotton around the upper portion of the egg, then enclosed in the little plastic egg carton..then they were all padded in newspaper and bubble wrap around the cartons. I got all of them in tact.

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by