Shipping Question:

BayAreaMike408

Chirping
Nov 24, 2020
San Jose, Ca
Hi everyone,
We just ordered out first shipment of chicks from MPC. They were shipped yesterday and tracking said it will arrive today by noon. My tracking info says The package was received package acceptance pending. I’ve attached a screenshot of the tracking.
Should I be concerned, as it appears they’re still in Ohio or is this normal? The guaranteed delivery time is quickly approaching.

5B4507BD-876A-4681-AE25-6BEEA914C959.png

Attachments

• 22630C8C-71C6-4898-AED5-A22E5A2771D1.png
    22630C8C-71C6-4898-AED5-A22E5A2771D1.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 11
I think it means that the package has been accepted at the USPS distribution center in Cleveland, OH but it has not yet left the building as it is either still pending approval or maybe they just haven't updated the tracking information. Have you tried contacting usps in Cleveland, OH yet?

The post office is really bad with updating the status. It may be close to you already, but contact them anyway. I had the same thing happen when I had some eggs shipped. They were showing the same status your chick's package is showing. I was on the phone with the USPS 800 number when I got a call from the local post office that the eggs were there ready to be picked up

@drinkoj yes we got them about 90 mins after the tracking updated. We ordered 5 and all arrived healthy!

We have 1 cream legbar, 2 silked white EEs (mpc specific breed I believe) 1 crested black polish bantam, and 1 green queen EE.

So far my wife thinks the cream legbar is the smartest and friendlies. She taught it to eat by tapping the food and it was the only one to come running. We enticed 3 to eat but none have taken the water yet.

They’re mostly staying under the heater and chirping quite loud. We have one very loud little girl.

I’ll upload better pics a little later. I’ve read they should be quiet if they’re happy. Anything to worry about if they’re still chirping away 2 hours later?
F8A0FB32-0AE6-4621-B59B-00A1CEF8DF4F.jpeg

I think it means that the package has been accepted at the USPS distribution center in Cleveland, OH but it has not yet left the building as it is either still pending approval or maybe they just haven't updated the tracking information. Have you tried contacting usps in Cleveland, OH yet?
This information is correct. But do NOT waste your time trying to call the Cleveland OH processing facility, it will get you nowhere fast. That is a huge processing facility and right now if jam-packed full of Christmas parcels, but your chicks should be isolated with other mailable live animals for dispatch.

The post office is really bad with updating the status. It may be close to you already, but contact them anyway. I had the same thing happen when I had some eggs shipped. They were showing the same status your chick's package is showing. I was on the phone with the USPS 800 number when I got a call from the local post office that the eggs were there ready to be picked up
Hatching eggs, chicks, fowl, and bees are isolated in shipping and placed on top and in the last container in a truck, so that they are isolated with a tagging of "LIVE ANIMALS". The live animals IMpB (the bar code) is scanned to show the active tracking and as it goes through the postal system it SHOULD be scanned for tracking at every location it enters. What happens with live animals is that they are generally pulled of the shipping containers and immediately put on a connecting transportation to get to your local post office and no scanning (hand held or automated ) is done. They just immediately pull it out of the mail stream and put it in a safe place for its next destination. That's the reality from doing the work of transportation in a large facility, airport, and the business side of the USPS.

Back
Top Bottom