Shipping question

beckt

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Indiana
I don't know if this is the right place for this but I will ask anyway.
I have 2 Serama chicks that are 7 weeks old and was wondering if it would be safe to ship them to MO. from In. I have never shipped before and just don't know if they are to old to ship. I know the younger chicks will do better. I don't want to take a chance of loosing them in shipping if there is a delay for what ever reason. Thoughts?

I dont know what your weather is like but it is getting kinda cold. I dont know if 2 chicks will have enough body heat to stay warm. And they will definately need food and water. And I have no idea how to do the water. food csan just be put in the bottom of the box. Sorry I dont think I was much help.

Quote:
I dont like shipping live animals at any time... but if you have to... I would go with a courier that has the capabilities of handling live animals

I AM NOT KNOCKING USPS! but they are far to busy to make sure you package arrives safely try FED EX or even a smaller company i know here the local bus lines will to packages, Grayhound will allow you to load your birds yourself at this end and the recipient to unload them at their destination but it may be cold to travel by bus, I know it is here

Back
Top Bottom