Shipping to Hawai'i?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Pyncheon guy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    I was wondering if anyone here has shipped poultry to Hawai'i? What is involved? How easy or difficult was/is it? What does the "shipper" and the "shippee" have to to do before, during, and after the shipping? Is there anywhere I could find this info? Anyone from Hawai'i ever had birds shipped from the mainland? Thanks:)

2. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    We ship to Hawaii. All you have to do is pick out your favorite breeds and place an order. We handle all the paperwork involved in getting them to you at no charge. All we ask is that your selected hatch date be atleast 3 weeks from the current date so that we have time to process the paperwork with the Department of Agriculture.

3. Pyncheon guy

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Thank you Meyer for the info..... I should have been a bit more clear on what I wanted...... (I)...ME...I want to ship bantams to Hawai'i.....what's involved and how do I go about it? I may have my friends order some from you as well and have them shipped to Hawai'i. I'll give them your info....Thanks, Rusty Hart (Irish Acres)

4. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    Quote:I would suggest contacting the Hawaii Dept. of Agriculture. That is the agency we work with to ship chicks there. I hope that points you in the right direction!

5. Pyncheon guy

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Thank you:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by