Shipping Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JerseyHen, Apr 5, 2011.

1. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Brooder is built, and assembled in my bathroom (which is, conveniently, gutted for a remodel right now) and I am testing out that lamp. So Excited! I posted pics of my brooder on my page, all scrap wood. I have never built anything before and it was so much fun. I hope it will be ok (first time chickie mommie in case you can't tell).

2. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Oh nice brooder! We just have a plain old box! I would love to build something like that in the future!

3. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I'll wait with you-----I have 4 showgirls and 1 silkie that were just shipped to me this afternoon----should be here by 3 p.m. tomorrow. Also have 23 chicks coming from Ideal---they either shipped them out today or will tomorrow. I am more nervous about the Ideal chicks, as they have 2 days to reach me-----I am really hoping they shipped today, as I won't be in town on Friday, and someone else will have to pick them up. [​IMG]

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Your brooder looks great and your bathroom works well for a location. How many are you expecting? [​IMG] Keep us posted!

5. ginormous chicken

ginormous chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2011
    Elverta, California
    I'm waiting with you guys. I have 7 from mypetchicken. They are not here today! Maybe tomorrow. My brooders are rabbit cages. They work well.

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    My brooder for indoors is a very large Vari-Kennel dog crate, taken apart and put open end to open end with chicken wire over the top-----lots of room. When the chicks get bigger, they will be moved out to the garage to a huge stock tank with chicken wire over the top. (2 heat lamps for each brooder).

7. JerseyHen

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    N&MSchroeder :

Your brooder looks great and your bathroom works well for a location. How many are you expecting? [​IMG] Keep us posted!

25 from Welp and a handful from TSC next week. I need another heat lamp, it just won't do it (I tried one of those CHE and I think the brooder is just too tall. I don't really want to put it in the brooder (I have read too many fire stories). I guess I will just have to go to TSC tomorrow... [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  8. JerseyHen

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Quote:Did you chicks arrive safely? Mine were supposed to ship today from Welp, but they didn't email (apparently they only email if there is a problem) and I am not sure how long they will be in transit. Figures we got snow today... at least it didn't stick.

9. JerseyHen

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Quote:Did your chickies arrive safe and sound?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by