Shipping UK allowed?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by J's Orpingtons, Nov 18, 2011.

1. J's Orpingtons

J's Orpingtons Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    Somewhere in NI...
    I was wondering do, within the United Kingdom, they post poultry, in other words are you allowed to ship small livestock within the UK? It might be a bit different but the England is Right Beside Northern Ireland, though it is over seas, but you can go via ferry and it takes about 3-4 hours,,,anyway if your from Ireland,UK and you know please can you tell me can you ship poultry from England to Northern Ireland??

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. J's Orpingtons

Nov 14, 2011
    Somewhere in NI...
    Bumber [​IMG] thought somebody would answer ...please do if you know

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Send the question to the ministries of fisheries and agriculture.

As far as I know there is no quarantine or restrictions between England and Northern Ireland. Basically, it's all the same country (I know, don't shoot me) The show dog people take their dogs back and forth on the ferry all the time, with no paperwork required. I took dogs back and forth between Scotland and England many times each year, with no restrictions (and don't tell a Scot it is all the same country, either)

But chickens aren't dogs, so send an email of to the ministry and ask them. Or, the information is probably on-line if you can figure out how to wade through their garbled web site.

4. J's Orpingtons

Nov 14, 2011
    Somewhere in NI...
    Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by