Shipping

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by LDR2, Jun 7, 2016.

1. LDR2

LDR2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Edinburg, Tx
    I'm buying peafowl hatching eggs and want to make sure they get here safe. Should they be sent through USPS, UPS or FedEx?

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I think everyone ships hatching eggs USPS.
    I know the others don't ship live animals.

3. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014
    I tried an express shipper one time; have had more success with eggs through the postal service (USPS) -- so despite the bad press on them for other things, they have done a good job for me with eggs I've bought and hatched.

4. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    If you do get them via post let the eggs sit for about 24 hours before putting them under a hen or in an incubator. Shipping is really rough on eggs so to give them a better chance of hatching giving a little settle time helps.

1 person likes this.
  5. LDR2

LDR2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Edinburg, Tx
    I ended up using UPS to ship my eggs "2 Days Air." No broken eggs (Thank god) and I let them rest for 24 hrs at a 45 degree angle. I'm so excited. My parents don't understand my level of excitement :D. Only you guys.

6. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    I have had both successes and failures with shipped eggs so I wish you lots of luck. And I get the excitement thing completely, welcome to the addicted to Peas club!

7. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I have also read that some people will not turn the eggs for a couple of days after setting in the incubator. Good luck, this is how we learn to buy chicks instead of eggs. [​IMG]

8. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    "Fragile eggs, handle with care"= kick me please. Thats the only thing that bothers me as some people are just mean.[​IMG].

Gerald Barker

9. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Try 'FRAGILE! LIVE EMBRYOS'!!!

10. LDR2

LDR2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Edinburg, Tx
    I've seen a couple of the peafowl eggs develop veins. The only problem i'm having is the egg shell thickness my 135 lumen barely shows me a hint of the veins. What type of led flashlight do I need 300? 500? 1,000? To be able to see clearer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by