shipping....

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mhwc56, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i just sent out my extra boy Coturnix to a new home 1/2 way across the country...now i suspect i will be a nervous wreck until they arrive and i find out how they are doing...[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] for safe arrival and [​IMG] for you! [​IMG]

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

[​IMG] for safe arrival and [​IMG] for you! [​IMG]

X2
    You guys make me nervous shipping live quail. Let us know.​

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:X2
    You guys make me nervous shipping live quail. Let us know.

I think the hardest part about shipping birds is getting up the nerve to do it, it's really not that hard. Though the quail that quaillady got did have a bit of a rough trip but that was due to some idiot at the post office not scanning the box. We were worried to death that they had been in Louisville for 24+ hours and they arrived safe and sound when I expected them to. Of course, this didn't correspond to the time given by the P.O., but I've yet to have an express package arrive next-day. [​IMG]

Good luck with your birdies mh, I'm sure they'll be just fine [​IMG]

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I ship live birds a lot. Shipped 2 pairs of buttons and chicken chicks yesterday. It really isn't bad.

6. mhwc56

i am about ready to call the new owner to find out if they are there yet cuz according to tracking info they SHOULD BE......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:I've always been curious....................When "live" birds are shipped ............ whether they're chicks or grown birds..........is there a "this side up" label on the shipping box, and if so, how critical is it to adhere to this rule.......and how dependable is it to have it followed?

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It's been taking 2 days on some of these shipments...Poor buttons going to NY...hope they get there alright. Other two shipments arrived safe and sound. One to Texas and one to Cali)...Now, the chick boxes are tough, you have to print out little labels that say live birds, the phone number of the individual you are sending to, the fun stuff...with the Horizon boxes they are labeled pretty well, hard to have the birds on the wrong side [​IMG]

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:ARE THEY THERE YET?

ARE THEY THERE YET?

ARE THEY THERE YET?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHE! GO DRINK A BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOICE AND RELAX, AS HARD AS IT IS -- WORRYING WONT CHANGE THE OUTCOME.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, I HAVE BOTH SHIPPED AND RECIVED COUNTLESS NUMBERS OF LIVE BIRDS, IT DOES GET A TAD EASIER OVER TIME..... UNLESS THEY ARE RARE AND EXPENSIVE [​IMG]

I HAVE A TRIO OF LADY AMHURST PHEASANTS BEING DROPPED AT PO TOMARROW MORNING (IN BOUND) I TEND TO GET MORE GIDDY ABOUT THE ARRIVAL OF NEW BIRDS RATHER THAN WORRY OVER THEIR TRIP.

10. mhwc56

they are all but there...she wont be able to pick them up till morning...even tho they made it to the P.O. destination...
    i think THAT's a bunch of hooey!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by