Shivering in Maine...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JessyG, Jan 22, 2013.

1. JessyG

JessyG New Egg

Jan 22, 2013
    ...but thinking ahead to spring!

Hi! We're a family of 5 who incubated eggs (twice) in spring of 2011 and ended up with 7 hens and 3 roosters. Our roosters were rehomed nearby to a much larger flock and we sadly lost a hen in October suddenly and unexpectedly. March of 2012 we added 2 Pekin ducks to our flock. Silly quackers! Love 'em! We had a new, bigger, sturdier coop built and connect it to a larger run. We'd like to add 4 more hens to our flock.

So, any one from ME or NH or maybe even MA plan on selling black and/or white Silkies, Blue Hamburgs or Golden Laced Polish this spring? Or might be able to point me in the right direction? I'm having a hard time finding these specific breeds that the kiddos want. (We currently have Ameraucana-Barred Rock, Ameraucana-Cochin and Ameraucana-Buff Barred Rocks.)

Cluck! Cluck! Quack! Nice to meet you all!

Jessy

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined.

3. Coupe

Coupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    Welcome from NY!!!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  5. JessyG

JessyG New Egg

Jan 22, 2013
    Hey! Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for the welcome! I think it's really cool you're homeschooled. We're homeschoolers ourselves! We studied Embryology and Biology...then incubated chicken eggs. We were never planning to keep any chicks that hatched...they would go to my Mom...but we couldn't let them go once we watched them hatch! Love chickens!

6. JessyG

JessyG New Egg

Jan 22, 2013
    Oops! That was for the first reply...I think my reply would go UNDER it! LOL

7. JessyG

JessyG New Egg

Jan 22, 2013
    Thanks Coupe and RedSoxs! Oh, and I did find the Where Are you? Crossing my fingers that someone nearby might have some of the breeds the kids want.

8. 20736

20736 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Welcome!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] If you want to reply to a specific post like I'm doing here just click on the "Quote icon in the bottom right hand corner of the post you are replying to, type your reply and submit [​IMG]

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by