Shockly Funny

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Lacey1988, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Well since some %&*$#% Dogs came and killed all my bittys and two of my hens I put up an electric fence. The funny thing is nobody will test it out lol so I'm a see if my mother will tomorrow....Ive been shocked by one and its not funny lol

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    You do know that you don't have to touch it and get a shock to see if it's working, right?

3. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

walmart carries a " no touch electricity meter" its about $2.50- and you hold down the button and put it a foot above the strand ( do not have to touch it to the fence/wire)and it will let you know whether its juiced and how juiced by the sound.

i guess the question is - is avoiding the zap worth $2.50?? [​IMG]
    im thinking heck yeah!

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    We take a plastic-handled screwdriver, and touch part of the shaft (guess that's what you'd call it, anyway) to the metal fence post, and hold the head of the screwdriver by the wire. It will snap if the fence is hot. Make sure there are no cracks in the handle. [​IMG]

5. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Well its too late now, I accidentally touched it. earlier [​IMG] it hurt lol .....I prob wouldn't have tired to make it easier we do stuff the hard way round here lol

6. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Eons ago when we were kids, my dad use to try and "bribe" us with fruit to touch the wire to find out if it was working.

7. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Quote:Well, at least you know it works~[​IMG]

8. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    Farm boy fun, my cousins and I used to dare each other to touch the ol Red Snapper. After that got boring it escalated into "who can hold onto it the longest." The record was 58 seconds. When we got bored of that we'd usually go have a BB gun fight or a hog rodeo or pithfork some carp in the swamp or tease the herd bull or have a bicycle demo-derby or play some rat baseball in the hayloft or cut firewood. My uncle payed us $25 per cord and let us use his chainsaw! They raised 'em tough in central MN. Lucky any of us survived to adulthood.

They didn't have safe toys like paintball guns where we grew up

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Quote:Well, at least you know it works~[​IMG]

[​IMG] True True.....I hope it zaps the crap outta them dogs [​IMG]

10. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

It'll also zap the crap out of stupid kids too! I told one boy not to pee on the neighbors fence and he told me he'll pee anywhere he dang pleases. About five seconds later he screamed like a girl.[​IMG]:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by