Shoe people, help! Impossible, off the wall request.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Xtina, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Xtina

Xtina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    I used to have this pair of flip flops that I loved. LOVED. And then my dog chewed them up. Not being the sort of person who pays attention to brands, I have no idea what they were, and I've been shopping obsessively to find a new pair like the old pair since the sun started peeking through. I can't find anything even remotely close! I've bought two pairs of flip flops this year and both of them are chafing my feet. I actually have a scab on my foot from where the strap rubbed my foot raw. I was peeved when the dog chewed the shoes at the time, but now I'm super angry! I had no idea how hard they would be to replace and how hard it is to find a great pair of flip flops. So I'm asking people who love shoes to read the description and tell me if you have any idea what I had, or who might make something similar now.

The bottom of the shoe was molded with an arch. The fabric that touched your foot was like a micro-fiber or faux suede. Color, gray.
    The upper was made of a dark and light blue mesh fabric that covered a lot of the foot. It was soft enough to never cause any chafing and it held the shoe on really well so that you didn't feel like you were trying to hold your flip flops on while walking.
    The toe area was more of a loop than a tiny piece of fabric that you have to pinch between your toes. It held the big toe perfectly in place.

One final note, I know that crocs makes some comfortable pairs, but I have an unexplainable aversion to them. Don't want 'em!

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
  3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Or these? Merrell brand

4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:If that is what they are - no wonder they were comfortable - merrell has good shoes...

5. Xtina

Xtina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes! Both of those look similar. Mine were cuter, if I do say so myself! Thanks so much guys. I had thought they might be Merrells, but when I went to the site earlier, they were all like $70 and i'm not the kind of girl who spends real money on footwear, so I was pretty sure it wasn't the same brand. But I guess that shows what I know!

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Walmart has Earth Shoe Sandals. They are mushy when you walk. I never liked them but a lot of people do...

[​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Best slides I've had were from Payless... $10 maybe... lasted for YEARS before eventually the weaving on top frayed. Tried to find replacements and even if freaking Macys (uber expensive so I wouldn't buy them anyways but I did try some one) they pinched, poked, prodded and/or chafed. SO not worth it.

Plus, models change every year... the exact type you bought some time back might not be made any more, but the company could still make similar ones...

Do you by chance recall where you bought them...?

Random Ideas... maybe yours, but if not still neat...

http://www.shoesteal.com/Shopping/productdetails.aspx?pg=5054327&p=EC1072018&partnerid=performics2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://www.shoecomfortable.com/

[​IMG]
    http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-k...?adtrack=like&term=Women's+Keen+Balboa&offer=

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  8. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:I don't know but, from your description, I want a pair!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by