Shoe string method

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
We did dry hatching with our first set and had a 50% hatch rate, I’d love to see that increase! Our natural humidity is around 25%. We had an early quitter, mid quitter, and a late quitter (but definitely not DIS late), everyone else did so beautifully though.

How do you do the shoestring method? I’m not sure how to start specifically. Add the water normally and then maintain with the shoestring? Only the shoe string is wet? I know I sound dumb lol

We did dry hatching with our first set and had a 50% hatch rate, I’d love to see that increase! Our natural humidity is around 25%. We had an early quitter, mid quitter, and a late quitter (but definitely not DIS late), everyone else did so beautifully though.

How do you do the shoestring method? I’m not sure how to start specifically. Add the water normally and then maintain with the shoestring? Only the shoe string is wet? I know I sound dumb lol
I thought that was to keep the chicks from kicking eggs around? I don’t know good luck❤️

My last chicks were complete lunatics in there. I had to take them out before they were even dry they were so rambunctious. My string wasn't even a speedbump.

Back
Top Bottom