Shook Poultry's Chickens in a Movie :-)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shookpoultry, Sep 8, 2010.

1. shookpoultry

shookpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    Claremont, NC

Well today has been a little different than the normal work on the Chicken Farm kind of day. I was just sitting here at my desk when a call comes in... It was a man calling from South Carolina that was helping a movie producer (Barry Levinson) find 600 Chickens for a movie scene , the movie is called "The Bay" *small description* (Chaos breaks out in a small Maryland town after an ecological disaster occurs.)

After several phone calls back and forth between him the producer and I, they decided I was the man for the job :)

We will be hauling 600 - 22 Week Old White Leghorns to S.C. in October for a one day filming for their movie, I'm really excited about this as I have never done anything close to a Hollywood Movie [​IMG]

As I find out more about the scene for our chickens, I'll post updates.

If you want to see what details it out right now you can visit this site.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1713476/

Thanks for Reading!
    Roger Shook
    Shook Poultry

2. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

That is way cool!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can't wait for the movie!
    [​IMG]

3. ChIck3n

ChIck3n Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Texas A&M
    Nice! Don't be afraid to charge what you think is fair. My Dad has worked on movies for years building the sets, so I know they have ungodly amounts of money they are willing to spend on anything to get the job done quickly. Not saying try to price gouge them, but certainly don't feel pressured to undercharge. They would be hard pressed to find someone else willing to cart down 600 chickens in the short time they usually have.

Have fun! They usually have a trailer full of free snacks for the workers, so be on the lookout for that as well [​IMG]

4. shookpoultry

shookpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    Claremont, NC

We have already discussed the price and I feel like they offered just enough to get me to do it... lol

They are paying for the birds as if they where going to buy them and an extra $$$ amount for the work and after the one day filming I get to bring my *Movie Star* chickens home with me and sell them again.

So if you want to say you own a Movie Star Chicken let me know. lol

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope all goes well and you have fun doing it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by