1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

shool bus chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by smarsh, Aug 5, 2013.

1. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    my sister is on vacation and has emailed me this:

Traveling across eastern Colorado toward home and saw an unique chicken coop: a full size school bus, painted green, back door open with a ramp to the ground! Must have been 100 chickens in the shade provided by the bus

Anyone own up to this unique coop. i would love to email her back and say "oh yeah that's so-and-so's. good idea don't you think"

2. xmonster0

xmonster0 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Calhan Colorado
    i am in eastern colorado and i would love to see this lol

3. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I bought a goat from a guy who had several old buses in his yards. All had ramps.....windows down and full of goats......lol. Not sure how it would work for our Canadian winters but it sure was good fix for the summer. [​IMG]

4. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I turned an old mini-van into a mobile chicken coop last summer. It became a life saver...literaly...when we had to evacuate our property due to the Waldo Canyon Fire.

Outside
    [​IMG]

Inside

[​IMG]

5. xmonster0

xmonster0 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Calhan Colorado
    haha thats awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by