Shootin' the breeze

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jafo, Sep 3, 2009.

1. jafo

jafo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Hello peeple! Ordinarily I would'nt be just ramblin' on but right now I'm bored outa my mind. I just had my left knee replaced the 18th of August, ( you tube you can watch entire operation) and am waiting for the visiting nurse to come put me through the range of pain on a 1-10 scale. Rigged up a pain machine pulley system to "enhance " my range of motion. Anybody out there had a joint or two replaced? Then you know what I'm talking about. There's something with the age thing, the older you are the fewer pain receptors you have, if that's the deal, then I must be 5. not 54. A 90 year old was released 3 days after she had it done, I was there for 4 days in hospital, 4 days in rehab.
    It's amazing how much our "gang" grew while I was gone. I went out for the first time a coupla days ago, and the girls are all getting bright red crowns, and the "boss" Blue, is twice as fat as he was when I left. I'm pretty happy to hobble out and sit in the run, and feed 'em treats. They love yogurt, cheerios, and blueberries. Can't get 'em to eat worms though. I remember my Gram's old chickens back on the farm, if a garter snake was caught in the barnyard by them free rangers, it was hell to pay!
    Just ramblin', and very bored,,,,,,,,,thanks for listening.. Oh ,,and I finally got on my 4 wheeler and went for a short blast to the mailbox,,,,,,so there's light at the end of the driveway!
    Fred

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Hey Fred...

Peace brother, I can relate, me right now:

[​IMG]

Ankle surgery.

I take it you aren't panning for gold at the moment?

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Ya...
    Yall are broken for sure!
    lol

Both yall heal soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by