shooting Chickens

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by gunnrun, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnrun

gunnrun New Egg

Oct 17, 2011
    I live in ky, I'm sick of these chickens coming in my yard, they belong to people down the road.

so im i aloud to shoot them with a 12ga?

1 person likes this.
  2. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    You can . But first i would go to the owner and tell him about it .

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I would tell the owner/neighbor about your issues first.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] I think. Have you tried letting yoour neighbors know about your dissatisfactiion?

5. gunnrun

gunnrun New Egg

Oct 17, 2011
    I have and i called the police and they told them and they still let them loose. I dont see how they can have any animals they are nasty people and there yard is small

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  6. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    call the animal control

1 person likes this.
  7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If they are notified, animal control has been called, and they just plain do not contain their animals... Well, like someone who lets their dog roam, it's their responsibility...I'd probably invite the chickens to dinner. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

If my chickens left my property [which they don't] and I had a neighbor who came to me and said they were pestering them in their own yard... I would like the opportunity to pen up my chickens. I am not home all day while mine free range, so I may not know if they visited a neighbor. If my neighbor complained and I left them run, I would not have the right to be surprised if some of my chickens did not return.
    Talk to your neighbor if you have not. They may not know they are bothering you and might feel terrible. If they don't care and it bothers you that much, I guess point and shoot.

9. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

Didn't get mine posted before OP replied. I would butcher them and invite the NEIGHBORS over for chicken and dumplings! [​IMG]

10. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Do what you need to do. But, what about the chickens coming over do you not like? Most of us who speak of shooting animals in our yards is because the animal is a potential harm to our birds. Just curious as to your want to kill them.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by