shooting match

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cknmom, Jul 1, 2008.

1. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    DH and I had a match on sun. He took second in over-all points in our class and we took first in team points in our class!! Closest we've come before is fourth. What made it even better was it was our anniversary weekend!

This was a different type of match- 1,000yd at four different sizes of steel plates. The two small ones-5" and 10" were next to impossible to see, even through the scopes. I can't believe that both DH and I hit the smallest one, not many people hit it.

Can't wait for the next match in aug. it will be another different type, not sure what yet. It is too hot here in aug to have the 1,000yd, so it will probably be some kind of 600yd. It was around 102* on sun. at least we got done by lunch time!

Monica

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    congrat's.

3. flip9109

flip9109 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    st paul mn
    1000yrds111111111 [​IMG] thats impressive. what cal.?

I hear that you can no longer use lead in CA. what are they using for rifle bullets now?

4. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    .50cal was what we shoot. DH just finished breaking in the barrel on a .308 which DGD and him can shoot in matches(me too).

The non lead is for the condor area(which we live and hunt in) I'm not sure what he bought to try for hunting, he WILL be reloading though. We don't go to indoor ranges or ranges that you can't use lead at. Hopefully the rules will relax a little:lau:lau

Thanks,
    Monica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by