Shooting

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by BairleaFarm, Sep 20, 2011.

1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Anyone else shoot? Clay, bird, deer, cow, chicken, just about anything. Im lucky enough to have a place to shoot. We shoot quit often. My kids are even involved with it. (thumb sucking optional)

[​IMG]

2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Awwww. Cute pic.

We used to go shooting a lot up in MN. I haven't really got a good place here yet. Although I've heard the local indoor range has a "ladies night" on Wednesdays, which I might attend. I like shooting pistol, trap, and hunting.

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    we shoot in our backyard, a target is out back by the shed.... I shoot my .22 or .243 and DH shoots his handguns and some other riffle he has... it's fun!!

4. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I got bored with long guns and recently bought a .22 target pistol. Thought id give it a go with the handgun and see how it is. I like it so far.

5. ChickiKat

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I should try that, the other day I was sitting in my chair and was trying to shoot, told DH I needed a juniors gun cuz my arms are not long enough for what I have....

6. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    tell him to go buy you one. I bought this one for my exwife. Small and recessed hammer so it wouldnt get caught on things in her purse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChickiKat

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I hate handguns, they scare me... but since we have started arming ourselves when we free range the gang I need something small like that... and it's only a .22? We arm ourselves in the yard with the chickens because all of our neigbors free range their dogs and one dogs has killed two of our birds......

8. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

My Dad bought me a 243, bolt action [​IMG] I can't wait to get it all bloody up on a deer and a elk. (My two tags)

9. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    I shoot all sorts of things. I hunt with a .243 and a .30-06, and squirrel hunt with a .22LR. I carry my .45 all the time, and used it this weekend as backup on a bear. And I trap shoot winter league with a Beretta 390 12 gauge shotgun. And I'll pull my bow back a few times a week for deer hunting practice.

10. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    no thats a .38 special. Heres the .22 and the 45 tactical i carry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by