Shopping for a waffle maker-ideas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Oct 4, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I am looking to buy a waffle maker soon and I am not sure what to look for in one.

Thanks

2. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    DH bought a belgain waffle maker and we hardly ever use it. I would like a regular waffle maker that makes two squares or even four squares you can break apart. Then you can freeze the extra. They fit into the toaster for a quick meal at a later date. My sister had one like that and she loved it.

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    We use our Belgium waffle maker monthly.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have a professional Belgian Waffle maker and love it. We got it from Sams.

5. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    My plan is to take one day a month and make up a bunch of waffles and pancakes to pop in the freezer for the kids. I looked at one today that rotated but I don't know why I would need one that flips. Also, what is the difference between a Belgian one and a regular one.

Thanks for the replies!

6. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Our belain waffle has those deep wells. I prefer the flater waffles. We have a Scooby Doo waffle maker that makes really moist waffles but only one at a time it was a gift to our son.

7. sbarab

sbarab Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Conroe, TX
    You need to watch Alton Brown's "Good Eats" He does a whole show on waffles & tells which types are the best.

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    The reason the belgium waffle makers flip to to distribute the batter to both sides of the maker creating a thicker and lighter waffle. You can buy the premade Belgium waffles mixes or use malted pancake and waffle mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by