Short trip outside?

Apr 20, 2021
We have 3 chicks that recently turned 4 weeks old. We let them out of their brooder sometimes in the living room so that they can get some exercise but we have never taken them outside because it was a little too cold. Today it’s about 70 degrees and we were wondering if we could take them out. Thanks!

We have 3 chicks that recently turned 4 weeks old. We let them out of their brooder sometimes in the living room so that they can get some exercise but we have never taken them outside because it was a little too cold. Today it’s about 70 degrees and we were wondering if we could take them out. Thanks!
Make sure you stay with them the entire time- last year we had three baby chicks on the grass with a dog crate over them... they weren’t getting out or anything... So we had to walk the kids up to the driveway... came back five minutes later, and one was gone! We looked everywhere, I walked around the whole yard with one of the other babies- Bc she would scream if taken away from her siblings, so I was hoping the missing one would holler back... I was making chicken noises and everything... then I had my husband look back at the camera... a hawk came down, scared the sh*t out of the babies and they ran into the corner of the dog crate, the hawk took its claws and stuck them in btw the grates and pulled Peaches out. 😔 RIP Peaches.

Back
Top Bottom