Short video of my 2 four week olds and 1 two week old chicks.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nicole01, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My iPod takes better video the still shots, so I thought I'd share my new babies. I will need to integrate these three into my existing flock.

Cuckoo Maran- Luna
    Salmon Favorelle- Ginger(top hen of the 3)
    Light Brahma- Melody

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/daydreamer222/0410600b.mp4

Here is a still shot of them sleeping.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aww, the one by herself is quite content to be where she's at. Cute!

3. CrazyChickLuver

CrazyChickLuver Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Williamsburg, VA
    They're so adorable! Being all sleepy on each other, do the two older ones pick on the younger one ever? That's what I would figure, but maybe not.

4. CrazyChickLuver

CrazyChickLuver Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Williamsburg, VA
    Oh, and if you want to integrate them into the flock you already have, just put them where the flock sleeps at night and check on them in the morning. It's what I do but I a;ways make sure that the chicks are strong enough to be around the older chickens before I put them together.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    No, no one picks on another at all...yet. They are still young.

Once they all grow feathers, I'll put the brooder inside the coop. Otherwise my older hens will use these three as a snack if I don't integrate slowly. I had to integrate last year. My EE is a bully, so I will have to separate her once more once they are integrated. I'll leave them in the brooder until they are full size. Luckily there's enough room. They will all free range together before hand since its all supervised. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by