Shortage on Vit B complex for goats and other live stock?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arabianequine, Jun 15, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Everyone here seems to be out of it. My vet can't even get it, you can't get it on line at jeffers either. One of my local feedstore workers said last night that the company that use to provide it sold it to someone else now in order for that new company to be able to sell it they have to go through a bunch of stuff with FDA or something like that.

What to do? What are you all doing that need Vit. B complex for goats and other livestock?

My feed store said we might have to get it from Canada or Mexico? How would you even go about this?

Is there something else that could be used to supplement? I seen an oral vit b complex at walmart in the vitamin section. Can we use this and how much?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Does no one give this to their goats/live stock?

3. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    I found a bottle locked in with the wormers and other meds for goats, sheep, cattle, and pigs at TSC but it was really expensive for such a minute amount so I passed on it. I'm thinking the price reflects these new "hurdles" they have to jump through to market it. If I find a more reliable source I'll let you know though.

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    My TSC is out of it but my local feed store has some...........bought a 250 ml bottle for $10 i think.

5. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    I think most places on-line are out of it for one reason or another, but my local feed stores (agway and TSC) have some. Come to think of it mine expires this month so I have to get some more....

I'm actually giving it to one of my goats on a daily basis right now (dealing with worm issues) so my vet asked if I had some. If I didn't she said just to stop by and they'll give me a bottle.

Maybe is a location issue too? [​IMG]

6. Mzyla

Mzyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Upstate NY
    My friend who have a medical background, told me that it's ok to give human Vitamins to animals.
    I'm giving human Vit D and E to my older dogs and they blossoming!

I did a little research on a internet and found that ingredients are pretty much the same for human and/or animals Vit B Complex
    There is plentiful of Vit B Complex here

http://www.vitacost.com/productResu...mplex&ntk=products&ss=1&Ntt=vitamin b complex

I'm buying a lot from them, when they have promotions, sales...

7. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Who would be so kind as to pick me some up and mail it to me. Let me know the cost. I can paypal it too you. Thank you!

8. glenolam

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    I'll take a look at my feed store and let you know if they've got it. If so, I can put it in the mail to you on Monday - I'm on the other side of the US, though so it'll take a few days to get there! I have paypal so if I'm able to get it I can just send you an invoice. I'll PM you when/if I get some.

PS...my brother and his fiance live in Newport...is that anywhere near you?

9. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Thank you so much for looking. Sounds good, let me know what you find.

Newport is North of Spokane towards Canada. 2 hours to Spokane from me and about another 1 to Newport. So no not too close but a lot closer then you are [​IMG]

10. glenolam

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    Well...guess I spoke way too soon! I went to both my feed stores this weekend and they both are out and said they aren't sure when it'll be back in stock. Strange because I did see it in the store about 2 weeks ago...maybe they're getting shipments in sporadically and never know when it's coming in.

I'll keep looking when I go to the store as well as on-line and hopefully can get some for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by