Shorty the Silkie

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jun 21, 2008.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Shorty is my 6 week old blue silkie. She's always been about half the size of the other silkie. She's a tiny, tiny little chicken. It doesn't stop Shorty though. She's right in the middle of everything and generally gets her way! Her neck feathers are still coming in so she's still a bit scraggly. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Awwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

My black Silkie is awfully short, too...well, maybe I should just say "petite"...lol

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Shes adorable~!

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute! I've had a sort of 'midget' silkie before too XD

5. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Love your little "pocket silkie"[​IMG]

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Thanks, y'all!
    She's a cutie pie! She tickles me being so tough and determined. Did y'all find that your mini chickens were the toughest?
    [​IMG]

7. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Quote:My silkie will kick ME off the bed if she's mad enough... (PMS) Poultry Maniac Sydrome [​IMG]

8. beckysuzp

beckysuzp Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2008
    Altmar, NY
    Mini-chickens - lol! I just had to share after that! I got a delivery of 27 chicks on Monday. The two smallest are my two Sultans, the tiniest of which I was very unsure of whether she would make it through the first couple nights. She kept getting trampled, so I seperated her and a couple others the first night. She was so small, she'd step in the edge of the waterer and take three or four tries to get back out - had me worried. Now though, she certainly holds her own! 12 of the chicks I got are meat birds and about 5 times her size already - so she just jumps on top and over them to get where she wants to be - including the feeder!! And when she wants to cuddle, you can watch her zoom right under the bigger chicks and pick her spot. The 'runt' has turned into my favorite already!! Now just cross your fingers that 'she' is really a SHE!!! lol And that my other little Sultan is a roo and I'm all set!!

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Aww...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by