1. stilltexx

stilltexx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2013
    what shots do chicks get

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I always give the Mareks vaccine myself. you can order it online. I get mine from First State vet online. hope this helps

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    If you are asking about vaccinations, many people get their chickens vaccinated for Mareks disease, some for coccidiosis. Later some will get fowl pox vaccines if it you live in a warm environment with mosquitos. There are others such as for respiratory diseases such as MG, coryza, ILT, and IB. Some hatcheries such as Murray McMurray have a list of vaccines available on their website. I will only get mine vaccinated for Mareks if they are from a hatchery--it only costs a dollar or less, and it is a very devastating disease that will infect and other chickens you get.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Marek's Disease and Coccidiiosis are probably the two most common vaccinations that chicks get.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Well, chicks don't always get vaccinations/shots. But many people have them vaccinated for Marek's Disease, Coccidiosis, and/or a respiratory disease like Newcastle, Bronchitis, or Infectious Larayngotracheitis. Fowl Pox is another vaccine that can be given to older birds, too.

6. stilltexx

stilltexx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2013
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by