Should be getting our order of chicks in the next few days!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Xelajason, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Xelajason

Xelajason Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    We ended up Ordering From Meyer Hatchery. Here is what we ordered. 2 easter egger hens, 15 leann's adopt me bargain, 1 free meyer meal maker, and they are giving us another chick for free. Cant wait to see what we get in our adopt me bargain crossing my fingers [​IMG] for atleast 6 hens. The brooder is set up and ready to go! Has anyone ordered the Leann's adopt me bargain before?

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have not, it is good to get those just to keep other chicks warm. good luck. love mystery chicks. I hatched out these chicks were all mystery eggs.[​IMG]
    I did know the EE/RIR were going to be but not how they would look, The CoCc marans chicks I knew would be black, I hatched out those chicks before, the dad was CCM but the moms were all different.

3. Xelajason

Feb 9, 2013
    My chicks from Meyer hatchery arrived today. I ordered 2 ee's, 15 leann's adopt me bargain and one meyer meal maker.... 3 doa 3 not looking so hot.. But from what I can tell I have 2 ee's alive, 2 mottled cochins, and the rest appear to be silkies. Not 100% on the silkie part Gonna try and upload some pics..

4. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    dip their beak in egg yolk mixed with water they have been living on their egg yolk last few days it is good for them, and alittle sugar in their water.

5. Xelajason

Feb 9, 2013
    I dipped their beaks In water mixed with save a chick electrolytes. should I dip with that mixture as well?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    cuties!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by