Should I ajust the temp.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JoanneNC, Feb 4, 2009.

1. JoanneNC

JoanneNC Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2007
    I have 24 due to hatch on the 6th so I removed the turner and now the temp does not want to go back to where it was. It had been holding steady at 99.5-99.8 and now is steady at 99-99.2.
    My last hatch with same set-up went great so not quite sure what is going on. I worry about making ajustments at this stage.
    Any advice?

JoanneNC

2. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    If it worked last time I would just let it ride Joanne, if you try to adjust it will probably go to high and that would be worse than to low. Depending on how long it took you to take them out of the turner the eggs might have cooled and the humidity dropped for sure. Is it a bigger incubator or a small one? If it's a smaller one it might take awhile for it to recover.

Steve in NC

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:When you take the eggs out of the turner the temps and humidity both go down, give it hours or a day to come back up to the correct temps. Your fine, I would not chance it at this stage adjusting the lever.

4. JoanneNC

JoanneNC Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2007
    I use the Genesis 1588 and it has been a good 24 hours since I removed the turner so I think it has gone back up as far as it will.
    I guess I will leave as is and hope for the best.
    Wish me luck.

JoanneNC

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:what's wrong with 99.o? you are only a half a degree off the recommended temp..

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:We will send all the luck we can your way Joanne, we have a flat of Buff Orps, RIR's, Dark Cornish and Speckled Sussex due to stop turning today.

Steve

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

If its a still air an you lowered the thermometer when ya pulled the turner out then that would explain the temp drop. Ether way your fine. There creating there own body heat at this point an a small temp drop is harmless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by