Should I allow this?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by McCord6, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recieved an email about the puppies just a while ago. Im not sure if I should allow this or not. Here is what the emails says...

I'm interested in more then one puppy - 4 for myself I have 10 acres and I want to get my mother two for an early christmas present. She lost her dog of 13 years 4 months ago.

Sounds like a puppy mill to me for someone to want 4 puppies for herself. Im kinda concerned about the amount taht she wants all at once.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I would do it..why not? Youre having trouble feeding all your critters right now...why not give them a chance somewhere else? You have enough on your plate right now..i'd go check the place out and if its clean and they have food i would do it. Good luck! also..arent the pups mixed breeds? I doubt a puppy mill would want them...they usually go for low quality pure breeds...

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

You can tell her you are a little concerned and would like to come see her place before committing to giving her the pups. It's not an unreasonable request.

4. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    I would NOT let four to six puppies go to the same place. This does sound like a puppy mill to the max! Take them to a shelter so they can have a real chance. Being placed in a wire cage and forced to breed every 6 months at a puppy mill would be hell. Take them to a shelter.

Good Luck...

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If they have a farm, I say, why not?

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [email protected] acres farm :

I would NOT let four to six puppies go to the same place. This does sound like a puppy mill to the max! Take them to a shelter so they can have a real chance. Being placed in a wire cage and forced to breed every 6 months at a puppy mill would be hell. Take them to a shelter.

Good Luck...

theres more to the story though...shes going through a financial hardship right now..her donkey just didnt eat for 3 days because she had no food to feed him...
    she needs to re-home them ASAP if she can...​

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    go check the place out and if all looks fine go for it. You can always go back in a few months for a visit and see how things are going.

8. Since I have recieved other emails for them. I emailed the lady back and told her that she can take 3 for now. If no one that emailed me has came to get the others, I would contact her back about the rest of them. Does that sound fair?

9. jbowen9

jbowen9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    southwest Virginia
    Send them all that will help you out and hopefully her out.

10. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Pit Bull bait? Snake food? Personally I would not do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by