should i buy ameracaunas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickenman98, Jun 25, 2010.

1. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    i have found someone who has ameraucana chicks(true not ee) for sale the colors can be blue wheaton, wheaton, or silver. i need info on ameraucanas.
    thanks,
    ryan

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    If I could only keep one kind of chicken, it would be my Ameracaunas! Who doesn't like colored eggs all year round? they are friendly--I hatched mine from eggs, they will fly up on my lap, they are talkative, they lay every other day, sometimes daily, and they get along with the rest of the flock--not the highest or lowest on the totem pole, just nicely in-the-middle.

3. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
  4. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ameraucana

Feathersite, Wikipedia, and the breed's online Club are all really great places to look for information on any particular breed - all of which are easily found via google or your web search of choice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  5. barredrockgrl

barredrockgrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Quote:Yes you should! Then I can be jealous of yet another person who has one, when I don't. [​IMG]

6. chickenman98

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    they are bantams though and one of my books says their are no bantam ameraucana's is this true?

7. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Quote:Burn the book. I have a 1985 American Standard of Perfection that lists Ameraucana bantams. Yeah, I know it's an old book, but that just shows you the bantams have been recognized for a while.

I'd say go for it!

8. chickenman98

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    they are straight run can any of you help me tell if it is a roo or hen if i get them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by