should i buy eggs from here?

donut314

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2016
Has anyone order pheasant hatching eggs from Exotic Pheasant Farm?

Before I order hatching eggs from there, I want to know if anyone else have good/bad experience with them.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Donut

Shipped pheasant eggs don't hatch well.Save your money and buy birds you want in the fall.It will be cheaper in the long run and you will get what you want.
In N.H.,Tony.

I've ordered eggs from Stan a few years ago, before he went commercial. Ordered 6 Elliot, sent 7. Five out of the 7 hatched. The 2 that didn't hatch, 1 was infertile, the other (dis) died in shell at an early development stage. Your results may and probably will vary. He also sell juvenile birds in the fall. He sells breeders, if he has any in stock. He is on the high end, price wise but he is a very reputable breeder.
If you can find birds local or semi-local, it's better than shipped eggs or birds. Tony is absolutely right about that but I've had bad results with shipped birds too. If you get birds shipped be sure to read the fine print, ie; insurance covers the box not the contents. Had a dead bird, upon arrival at the airport. Breeder didn't/wouldn't send any replacement nor refund my money. After a lengthy time with the carrier, I finely recovered the shipping cost. You will find good and bad breeders in either situation. Buy from a reputable breeder and more than likely you will be happy with the out come of the transaction.

Thanks for your input Sean.

I do want to buy live birds if possible - and not shipped. There are local spring pet swaps that I plan to go to and hopefully get live birds. But in last year pet swap, there weren't many people who were raising ornament pheasant - or at least not many people brought any. There were some who had Red Goldens but I'm looking for the Lady Amherst. So I'm just looking for plan b (eggs) just in case this year I don't find live birds again.

Thanks for your input Sean.

I do want to buy live birds if possible - and not shipped. There are local spring pet swaps that I plan to go to and hopefully get live birds. But in last year pet swap, there weren't many people who were raising ornament pheasant - or at least not many people brought any. There were some who had Red Goldens but I'm looking for the Lady Amherst. So I'm just looking for plan b (eggs) just in case this year I don't find live birds again.

What state are you in? I will look thru my directory and see who is close to you.
In N.H.,Tony.

There's James Baldry in Omro,David Behnke in Lena,Melvin Beil in Chili,Jim Bleuer in Omro,Paul Grunska in Neenalt,Clifford Johnson in Spencer,and Joe Zepnick in Pulaski.Let me know which ones you need to contact and I will pm you their #.
In N.H.,Tony.

There's James Baldry in Omro,David Behnke in Lena,Melvin Beil in Chili,Jim Bleuer in Omro,Paul Grunska in Neenalt,Clifford Johnson in Spencer,and Joe Zepnick in Pulaski.Let me know which ones you need to contact and I will pm you their #.
In N.H.,Tony.
I pm you.

Back
Top Bottom